SMC Packaging is looking for an organized and motivatedindividual who is an effective communicator and innovator. The position will bewithin our Packaging Systems Group and responsible for networking withinternal departments and customers to source, support, and service ourPackaging Systems requirements in packaging supplies, packagingmachinery, and manufacturing equipment/supplies.
The proper candidate will help lead the department as itcontinues to grow as an integral part of our business. Salary will bebased on skills, past experience, and potential to offer and direct newinitiatives within the SMC Packaging Group.
The Packaging Systems Coordinator is responsible for the quoting and sourcing of packaging supplies, packaging machinery, resale corrugated and manufacturing equipment/supplies. This position is responsible for the creation of item specifications and the accurate representation of each item within the SMC order system. The position also oversees the establishment of product lead times, accurate costing, and the efficient processing of orders.
- Minimum high school education, with college or advanced vocational training preferred.
- Motivated to improve departmental processes and facilitate change.
- Possesses superior attention to detail and effective problem solving skills.
- Effective communicator and listener. Ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and time management skills. Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Employee subject to 60 day probationary period and subsequent performance evaluations.
- The Packaging Systems Coordinator is responsible for the quoting, sourcing and issuance of Purchase Orders for packaging supplies, packaging machinery, resale corrugated, office supplies and manufacturing equipment/supplies. The Coordinator confirms all product quotes include an accurate representation of costs associated with the procurement and transit of the product.
- Accurately represents items within the SMC order system through header and specification creation, lead time establishment, and special item requirements.
- Reconciles and maintains finished goods inventory for labels, resale corrugated, packaging supplies, ink and raw material used in the manufacturing facility.
- Works cooperatively with warehouse crews to maintain acceptable levels of stock packaging supplies, while prioritizing the efficient use of finished goods storage and inventory turnover.
- Establish positive relationships with vendors and effectively communicates quality and service requirements in an effort to serve the needs of the customer.
- Oversees the prompt processing of orders from Customer Service and National Accounts.
- Provides new and updated quotes to subsidiary locations as needed/requested.
- Maintains quality standards as set forth in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Procedures Manual. Reports any conditions affecting quality standards to supervisor.
- Understands and practices all safety requirements and regulations as set forth in Corporate Safety Manual.
- Practices good housekeeping habits in work area.
- Performs other functions as defined by the Operations Manager.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.