Under general supervision, the Customer Service Tech is responsible for negotiating incoming phone calls and administering the Visitor Policy. In a training/support capacity, the Customer Service Tech represents customer accounts through order management and expedition, inventory management, and offering effective solutions to meet customer's needs. This position is also responsible for the generation and maintenance of all customer and order related documentation.
- Minimum high school education, with college or advanced vocational training preferred.
- Motivated to improve departmental processes and facilitate change.
- Possesses superior attention to detail and effective problem solving skills.
- Effective communicator and listener. Ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and time management skills. Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Employee subject to 60 day probationary period and subsequent performance evaluations.
- Greets company visitors and administers the Visitor Policy as directed. Receives incoming telephone calls and routes the call to the appropriate person or takes a message if the individual is unavailable to take the call. Ensures that messages in an effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
- In assistance to the Customer Service department and under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Manager, this individual will perform the following:
- Process orders to meet customer requirements using customer supplied specifications, faxed or emailed orders, and verbal communication. Indicates special procedures or customer requirements, if any, and processes orders for production.
- Draws up or modifies existing specifications for various packaging designs and performs quotations for product as needed. Maintains current price lists and distributes as required.
- Expedites orders through production as required and works with the all departments to ensure delivery of a quality product in a timely manner. Utilizes various reports and maintains close interaction with customers to manage delivery dates, order details, and confirm on time delivery of product.
- Maintains floor stock quantities at acceptable levels to preserve warehouse space and support customer demand.
- Operates professionally with customers, supervisors, production personnel, and fellow employees. Cooperates and assists in other areas when the need arises.
- Masters and utilizes Production Planning Software to effectively schedule, monitor, and expedite orders throughout the production process.
- Maintains quality standards as set forth in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Procedures Manual. Reports any conditions affecting quality standards to supervisor.
- Understands and practices all safety requirements and regulations as set forth in Corporate Safety Manual.
- Practices good housekeeping habits in work area.
- Performs other functions as defined by the Customer Service Manager or Operations Manager.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "at-will." The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.