Customer Service Representative- Sooner Division
Serving in Tulsa, OK, at the Sooner Packaging Division of SMC Packaging Group, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for the receiving of orders, order placement, and expedition of orders in process for various customer accounts. This position is also responsible for the generation and maintenance of all documentation required to meet customer needs.
Reports To: Office Manager
Salary range: $34,000-$44,000, depending on educational level and applicable experience.
The right candidate will have advancement ambition and potential.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider Associate’s degree or other applicable experience.
- Proficient in use of computers: Microsoft suite
- Requires good organization, professionalism, and superior communication skills.
- Requires understanding of customer service and order entry processes, corrugated industry characteristics, and production techniques and ability to learn
- Ability to multi-task, handle stress, and work under pressure, when necessary.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes orders to meet customer requirements, using customer supplied specifications and verbal communication. Indicates special procedures or customer requirements, if any, and processes order for production.
- Draws up or modifies existing specifications for various packaging designs and performs quotations for product as needed. Maintains up to date price lists and distributes as required.
- Expedites orders through production as required and works with the Shipping Department to ensure delivery of product in a timely manner. Utilizes various reports and close interaction with customers to modify delivery dates, schedule product shortage make-ups, and confirm on time delivery of product.
- Operates professionally with customers, supervisors, production personnel, and fellow employees. Cooperates and assists in other areas when the need arises.
- Understands and practices all safety requirements and regulations as set forth in Corporate Safety Manual.
SMC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.